Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sleeping Bag Stuff Sack

Ryan just went on his first ever Boy Scouts camping trip and
I made him a stuck sack to carry his sleeping bag.



It took less than an hour since I wasn't concerned with exact measurements. 
Here's what I did:

1.  I pulled a sample to gauge measurements and cut the fabric by eyeballing it. 
You will need one super long piece for the main body and a circular piece for the bottom.


2.  I sewed the circular piece to the bottom edge of the main body piece, then I sewed the edges of the main  body piece together except for the last 2".

3.  I folded the top 2" in half and sewed a 1" drawstring casing.



 4. I flipped the bag right-side out, and painted Ryan's name using Martha Stewart stencils.  


5. I placed a scrap fabric over the paint and ironed for 30 seconds until dry.




Then, I took Ryan's sleeping bag...


and threw it in the stuff sack.




Ryan was one happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment