Monday, February 7, 2011

A Lauren Hat for Andrea

It's so cold in San Francisco.  That's why I knew Andrea could use a wool hat.  As Mark Twain once said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  The city is known for fog and wind, and when it's windy, even more of a reason for a hat! 

Andrea's hat was part of a belated Christmas gift, so belated that  I was still weaving together the side edge of the hat.  (The hat was knit on straight needles instead of double-pointed ones.  I also should add that once I'm done knitting, I pretend that the finishing portion doesn't exist, until I absolutely have to address it...like now.)



Here's Andrea arriving, just in time to put on her hat!



Hat Details:  Patons Classic Wool yarn (worsted weight), Lauren Hat pattern by Lion Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment